LandcareACT is peak body for landcare in the ACT region to help support and promote the over 60 community groups who help look after urban parklands, countryside, nature reserves and waterways.
LandcareACT is a company limited by guarantee with a skill-based Board of Directors, supported by member representatives on the Members Council. LandcareACT is part of the National Landcare Network (NLN) hyperlink along with the landcare peak bodies from each State and Territory. The role of LACT is established under a Constitution, with activities guided by a Strategic Plan. Funding support for the NLN, Landcare Australia hyperlink and LACT comes from the Australian Government.
At the 2019 Annual General Meeting seven LACT Board Directors (listed below) were confirmed for a three year term to 2022. The Company Secretary remains Mr Jann White.
- Dr Maxine Cooper – Board Chair independent
- Santo (Sandy) Lolicato Treasurer – nominated by Ginninderra Catchment Group
- Dr Mike Braysher – nominated by Molonglo Conservation Group
- Glenys Patulny – nominated by Southern ACT Catchment Group
- Dr Kerry Olsson – nominated by Southern ACT Catchment Group
- Catherine Keirnan – nominated by ACT Rural Landholders Assoc
- Walter (Wally) Bell – nominated by Buru Ngunawal
The five foundation members of LACT form the Members Council. These are the three catchment based groups, Ginninderra Catchment Group, Molonglo Conservation Group and Southern ACT Catchment Group, plus the Rural Landholders Association and the Buru Ngunawal Aboriginal Corporation (Click for contact details)
LACT Strategic Plan 2018-2024
The five year Strategic Plan 2018-2024 is reviewed annually to remain current, reflect available resources, and inform LACT’s Business Plan.